April is Earth Month! We have a few upcoming events that you can participate to show your love for our island home:
- Coral Reef Monitoring Training – Saturday, April 8 -2:30-5:30pm, Merizo
- Learn how to do coral reef monitoring surveys in this single session to learn about basic coral ecology, threats to Guam’s reefs, and how we can make a difference. Learn and practice 2 survey methods that help track reef health.
- Meet near Merizo basketball court and parking lot next to white building (Merizo Recreational Center)
- Kayak Tours in Merizo – Tuesday, April 11 – 9am-11am
- Go on a kayak tour to explore and learn about mangrove forests in Merizo. See flyer for details.
- Science Sunday – Sunday, April 23rd and April 30th, 2:00pm, T. Stell Newman Visitor Center
- That’s right! Two Science Sundays in one month. Visit our site for updates on featured topics and guest speakers.